2010-05-14

Hoshi release!

I'm releasing Hoshi today, earlier than I originally planned because, well, it's done.

Without further ado, you can download it from here (~800KB).
And a picture of the final version:


I'm uploading a video of it running at the moment, will take some time because my connection is broken horribly right now, but will add a link to that when it's done.
Edit: Video is here.

On with Whirligig now, with a release date looking around June 15th, but that's not set in stone.

Feel free to comment with any bugs. AFAIK there aren't any, but if there's anything large enough I'll fix it and re-release.
I haven't done all the fiddling about with OpenAL that I intended to. There are some checks in there but I've no idea if they're enough, so you may need to install OpenAL as well. Downloads are available from creative here. Linux users should have it in their repo somewhere, but I'm not 100% on that.

1 comment:

  1. I managed to crash it.
    Got to Level 3, on the boss, I ran out of shots but the next wave spawned while the boss was still on the screen.
    I tried to ram him then it came up and said 'Hoshi.exe has stopped working'.
    AI needs a bit of work as most of the shots the little ships were taking at me were miles off.
    Also the square on the radar doesn't show the ships that are on the screen. I would've thought it was meant to represent which ships were close enough that I could see them? I was running it in 800x600 windowed, so not sure if it was a resolution issue.
    Other than that it looks good. Needs sound effects though :p Take a look at at freesound.org - It has plenty in the way of laser sound effects and IIRC they're all free to use in games etc.

    ReplyDelete